I had an incredible meeting and surreal connection at Bidston, an afternoon on the roof talking about autism and my experience of similar symptoms with the sister of one of the curators. Realising how similar my symptoms were, and explaining why finding steps and doorways confusing is normal whilst watching the sun set was strange and magical.
Coming out from this afternoon feeling that I had already experienced something magical and otherworldly, that I was trying to grasp at in my work, made me even more keen to get some time to work in there.
I went full tilt towards aiming to get some time to work from Bidston, especially at this really interesting time between the building being a functioning observatoty and opening as a professional level artists residency. As lecturer Chris Evans said Wow that's amazing you’ll be the first person in there. Initially using the connection to Andy Newsam and LJMU Astrophysics as a way in.
Coming out from this afternoon feeling that I had already experienced something magical and otherworldly, that I was trying to grasp at in my work, made me even more keen to get some time to work in there.
I went full tilt towards aiming to get some time to work from Bidston, especially at this really interesting time between the building being a functioning observatoty and opening as a professional level artists residency. As lecturer Chris Evans said Wow that's amazing you’ll be the first person in there. Initially using the connection to Andy Newsam and LJMU Astrophysics as a way in.
No comments:
Post a Comment